"Men join fraternities;
Leaders of men join Sigma Chi."
-John Wayne (University of Southern California 1929)
Our expectations exceed those of any fraternity,
as we are on the search for not just future brothers,
but founders. This requires men of high capacity,
various talents, and creative ideas. Rushing Sigma Chi
is one of the best decisions a male UMass undergraduate
could make. Reasons to join include:
- Lifelong friendships. Brothers of our
chapter form lifelong bonds with a diverse group of talented
- Leadership potential. New to UMass, Sigma Chi
offers pledges the unique and rewarding experience of shaping a
fraternity at a major university. Each pledge will have various
opportunities to be placed into leadership roles within the fraternity.
- Social opportunities. We provide opportunities to get to know students across the UMass Campus
both in Sigma Chi and other social and professional organizations.
- International connections. Sigma Chi
is an international fraternity, with more than 200 chapters
across the United States and Canada.
- Alumni network. Past brothers have gone on to become
CEOs, distinguished professors, high-ranking government officials,
reknowned doctors, and Hollywood actors. They will help guide you
through college and well after.
- Community service. Our chapter is dedicated to improving
the surrounding community. Brothers volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House, help clean the streets,
run for charity, and participate in Best Buddies.